Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Words To Dream

If words could only bring a sense of hope,
You’d wish for nothing less than what my voice
Could do unto these weary eyes. I’d cope
And comfort every tear to bring a choice
That takes not life, but asks of simple birth,
A birth of ageless, nameless, painless ways
Of life not knowing death, but only mirth.
And in the night we’d read the star that says
‘A truth two lover’s hands can only know
When joined with love, with memories to mold,
Is but a truth so rare, too young to grow
And fall into the pains of death so cold,
So cruel.’ But memories within the night
Are all that lovers have of which to dream,
And though my hands have fallen numb and tight,
My absence is not all that it may seem.

If words could only bring a sense of peace,
I’d speak of dreams that spread a smile wide
Upon a face that’s longed for some release
From every dying tear that you have cried.
And though a dream is all that we may share,
Our past of hands entwined beneath the stars
Will drift into my mind without a care
Of all the endless pains, and tears, and scars
That never seem to matter when we sleep,
For with the night befalls a calm to sooth
The bitter ends of which we’ve come to weep.
But how I long to touch your skin of smooth
And untamed beauty, gaze into your eyes
Of endless, flowing hope of which I dream
To see again. But with the sun to rise,
My absence is not all that it may seem.







3 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sean- i don't know about you but, i keep dreaming those words that you say. i really need to talk, as a friend, to straighten things out, for my benefit and maybe yours.....T

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Sean said...

then talk to me

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Then why not just talk to me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home