Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Sonnet 15

If but a passing glance would lead me to
Your heart, I'd rest myself within your soul
And escape all my inhibitions, new
And old. I'd thrust myself into the whole
Of you that glows with love to calm my woe,
That brings a peace, a quiet, to my eyes,
That sends a sense of hope, and yet to grow,
Will foster love so true until it dies.
But what can love accomplish without you,
Who walks away, not with a name, but time
That we have shared together, though on cue
To stride with unfamiliar steps. No rhyme
Can dream to speak of you with me again,
But for a passing moment we had been.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.... -Adrian

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean...this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read that you wrote. I think it is up there with Sonnet 11. -Adrian

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about posting 2 times. Oops! It said that my last one didn't go through. Sorry. Please delete the first one. Again...I am sorry. -Adrian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home