Sunday, June 19, 2005

What You Will

I've been meaning to update for a few days now, but inspiration has a nasty habit of escaping at the most opportune times. I suppose I'll sit here and force something out, partly because I enjoy reading whatever comments are left for me, and partly because I have absolutely nothing better to do. I mean no disrespect to the loyal readers who might take that the wrong way, but it's the truth. Void of any concrete topics (annoyed with politics and the like), I've been seeking something worthy to write about, something that that didn't warrant annoyance whenever I decide to read it over again. Trust me, it's hard going. Finding something to write about that I feel worthy of my own liking is hard to do - and I say that in the most unpompous manner possible. Perhaps it's just characteristic of sitting here and attempting to write something quality: to some people it is, to some people it isn't, to me it's never. But enough about that, it seems as though there's one worthy thing worth mentioning.

As July creeps closer, and deadlines brew in the distance, change seems to creep inevitably closer and closer. Not only witnessing it first-hand, through my own experiences, but watching changes in other people's lives is equally as hard, if not harder. Of course, I automatically assume that no one goes through the same things I do. Sure, we may encounter the same scenario, but we'll never react the same way. And while you might pretend to relate, you never can. I'm assuming it's a defensive position to take, and maybe it gets me into trouble socially, but when you imagine someone else put into a position you'd dread being in, you can't help but wonder. Entertain this example. Imagine building a new life, complete with friends, family, love, relaxation, work, pride, all the common elements. Imagine living this new life ever-knowing that eventually it'll come to an end, and you'll move back to the old life, the life you've temporarily forgotten. Ok, maybe forgotten isn't the best word to use, but shelved is. You've shelved your old life deep inside your mind, utterly preoccupied with the friends you've made and the fun you've had while living here. It's a predicament that frightens me, and it makes me think that maybe it only happens to the people who are only strong enough to handle it. But, humans are creatures of movement and change. If we're unable to adapt, then we could've said goodnight some millions of years ago.

Eh, I just got really sick of writing. The more time I try and devote to this, the less comes out. And please, the last thing I want right now are patronizing comments of encouragment. If I wanted those, I'd look in the mirror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home