Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Rest

This is another one of those late-night posts that only protrude from deep hibernation every so often. Consider yourselves lucky. I've been reading a lot of people's thoughts on this upcoming phase of our lives. You know, leaving childhood behind and venturing down the road to maturity and death - morbid, I know, but true. It's saddening to watch the once unbreakable chains slowly dissolve agaisnt the hands of time. Friendships wear away, love fizzles and gasps smoke into empty rooms, and transition beats heavily. I'm not sure where I stand in regards to it all. I consider myself lucky to be able to find solace in a friendship that I pray can survive the elements of life, and I feel myself blessed because of that. Yet, I have but one pair of feet, and try as I might to fit them in the shoes of others, sometimes I just can't. I don't understand why we attempt to mend friendships we spent four years destroying. Perhaps it's for the peace of mind in knowing that we're leaving a segment of life with nothing but pleasantries, nothing but an appropriate smile to meet the memories. Something about that doesn't quite sit well with me. While I'm totally supportive of being friends with everyone (making enemies just isn't as rewarding) -- ok, I really don't know where I was going with that. Whatever. Anyway, I think the basic point of that was something to this effect: don't spend the time we have at arms with the only people you'll someday wish you were once friends with.

That's about it.

It's a shame we aren't prospective thinkers.

But then again, how would we learn from our mistakes.

4 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So anytime somebody needs ya
don't let 'em down, although it grieves ya
Someday you'll need someone like they do
lookin' for what you knew

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you said the word "protude"

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you said the word "protrude"

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sean, ill give you a hint to who this is, "you better keep it
-PG-" peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home