Monday, October 11, 2004

Dear Mr. President,

Over the course of the last four years, as I've developed my sense of political and moral standings, several life-altering realizations have been made on my part. Of course, any knowledge regarding the issues swirling about the water coolers of our nation have been brought to my attention via my parents, who've inspired me to get involved, to know what's happening within the country I call my own. I generously extend my sincerest gratitude to my parents for allowing me the chance to know, and to love this country. Mr. President, the sense of gratitude that I feel so strongly has no choice but to be shared with you, as well. You're leadership, you're sense of what's right, and your disdain for what's wrong has inspired and renewed my faith in America, and "more of the same" (which I view as progress), is perfectly fine by me. You've led our country from what is arguably the darkest time in her storied history and have shown us the future with hope - hope that America will succeed, hope that conviction and ethics take precedence over immorality, hope that we'll survive. You've openly expressed an unrivaled concern for the masses, and for that I must thank you. You clearly understand the economic system in which we operate, in which our nation is heads above the rest. Your tax relief plan allowed me to further my education under the banner of a private high school, and for the gift of quality education, of blueprints for a bright future, I offer gratitude of the highest degree. The tax break helped my parents, both of whom work full time, get ahead, invest, and put back into the economy, and look at how it's helped. Productivity is up, jobs are being generated, the economy is growing - but I don't need to tell you that. What you've done for my family, for my nation, simply cannot be expressed worthily in words. I thank you for every opportunity granted to me over the course of your first term.

It's plain to see that you're well aware of the serious threats our nation faces. It's plain to see that you understand the concerns that we all have regarding Iraq, Iran, North Korea, and the like. It's plain to see that your ability to understand, to relate with us, is something that has to be in the White House until 2008. In all honesty, the dreams and aspirations of this nation swing in the balance on November 2, 2004. It's absolutely imperative that you, Mr. President, win this re-election. For the sake of core American values, for objectivity of truth and right and wrong, you're the only man for this job. I wouldn't have it any other way, and I'm sure you agree (at least I hope you do). Although I may only be 17, which bothers me every moment of every day, I try my best to promote and spread an ideology of liberty, of freedom, of Americanism that you've so successfully instilled in me. As November 2nd does indeed come, and the anxieties of an uncertain future should John Kerry steal the presidency (which I'm all but certain won't happen) increase, the feeling of desperation is setting in. As what could be the most crucial election in American history, every issue is one of grave stakes. This millennium has been plagued by global terrorism, civilian deaths, and necessary war, and control of the reigns in the wrongs hands could spell disaster in worldwide proportions. The right hands are yours, Mr. President. You have my confidence, my support, and my dedication to do everything in my power to win your re-election. The fate of America depends on it, and with such consequence and weight, I have no choice but to act. I hope that my convictions guide, that they fail me not in times of trial, and that I stand by my faith, by a strong sense of black and white, of right and wrong. I hope that within the next term of your presidency you continue to lead us down the path of righteousness and liberty, though the path may be rather straight and narrow. I fear for America, Mr. President, as I'm sure you do when we awake and find our values, our core convictions being sucked away by subjective interpretation of an amoral society. I fear that it may be too late to have any drastic impact, yet I trust that your resolve, your steadfast approach to whatever you start, will lead us to a better, safer, wholesome America.

As election approaches, I issue my most heart-felt thank you, Mr. President, for everything you've done for America. I thank you for everything you've done to make my life safer, to make my upbringing one of familial values and moral responsibility. I thank you for the right to say that I live in America - the greatest country on God's green earth. I shudder to think of where we'd be without you, and where we could go with John Kerry. You have my confidence, President Bush, and you've more than earned my admiration - and that of an entire nation. As Election Day draws ever nearer, I'm confident that you, that America, will succeed. Mr. President, if I could vote, I'd mark one down for Dubya Bush. I'd mark one down for America.

God Bless.


With utmost respect,


Seán Moylan

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sean!

I'm a friend of Adrian's from NYLC. I think this letter is truly amazing. It is so elloquent and well written that it deserves an award. I agree 100% with everything you have posted. How nice for you to have parents who agree with you politically. My parents are both entirely anti-Bush, and I will definitely be showing them this. Great job!

Thanks,
Rory

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Bush truly is the best President for the job. You put ideas into words so well. Good job.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!!
im a good friend of Adrian, but anyways i just wanted to take the time to say that was really awesome that you wrote that. i agree 100% with what you r wrote that was great!!!!

~Zinnie~

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aye, ima felow "Amigo" of adrians and i like ur "blogs" or your journal entries. very interesting all together. Ur one smart kid, and you know ur shizzle ;) Well Kerry is awesoem despite what adrian thinks hahaha, p-out home boy

-Tina

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sean, great job and well said! It is so refreshing to hear someone talk about the President with respect! Thanks for speaking the truth about what our President really stands for.

-Timothy Kubik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home