Friday, May 28, 2004

I'll Tell You Something

It's been a few days since my last blog. There's no specific reason. There's no covert Chinese operation to shut down my blog. Unfortunately. Nope, everything's been pretty stagnant of late, and I don't want to bore you all with the imaginary whims of my mind. Frankly, it just seems that people talk too much. If there's one thing that stands out, it's when people talk too much. Not only do they make themselves look incredibly ignorant, but they just annoy the hell out of me. I know, I can't be a hypocrite, I do it sometimes - I think we all do. It just irritates me more than other things. It's the fact that I talk to people who could be lying through their teeth - but do it so much as to the point where everyone else is just used to it, so it almost becomes truth. I doubt if that makes sense. I'm not even sure I want to begin and explain it. You'll just have to listen for the person who does it to you. If there's one thing that I can't stand (except opening the fridge four times in succession and finding nothing new to eat) it's people who I can't trust. I'll give some elbow room for the people who are honest, and then tell blatant lies to cover up something important. I'm sure as hell not condoning it, but it's a little easier to live with. What really erks me are the people lie when there's absolutely no reason to lie. I'm sure everyone single of you readers knowsone like that. Hell, you could be one yourself.

Everyone lies. Lying is good - some of the time. But when people use lies in normal conversation, when the person they're talking to wouldn't know if they're lying or not as it is, it just bothers me. Eventually, however, lies like that tend to lap each other, and trip over themselves in the process. When this happens, I start to disbelieve every single word that person says. Every single word. It's not worth the risk, personally, of believing something and having it thrown back in your face because it was a lie. Why would anyone want that?

Well, I've rambled on long enough.

I'm a little hungry, and of course there's no food.

But I'm going to open the fridge a few times and wait for my lucky day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home