Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Just Some Random Thought

I'm not sure if it's just some naive intuition of mine, or some widespread epidemic of my mind, but do you ever wonder if there are people on the exact same page as you? Sure, there are those you love, but are no two people exactly alike? Probably not. Sometimes I wonder if I'd get along with a version of myself. I would hope so, but something tells me that I'd have this yearning to just punch him in the face. Why? I have no idea. I can say this - it would be one of the most beneficial experiences ever, to hang out with yourself for a day. Primarily, it would give me someone else to judge, but this time, I could do something about changing that person. Secondly - well, there is no secondly. The primary reason is just about the only good thing. But that opportunity would be good enough to justify any other absence of reason. I could observe myself, take note of the things I like, and things I can't stand. I'm sure the latter would severely outweigh the former, but that's why it would be a learning experience. I could sit down with myself, have a coke, or a sandwich, and watch myself selfishly hog it all. I wonder if I really do that to people. I'd say that would suck.

Another thing I wonder about is perception. Are the people I know too nice to tell me how big of a moron I really am? I couldn't really tell ya if that would be good or bad. I know, I know, there are always gonna be people who don't like me, for whatever reason, but is that reason objective? What makes some people more tolerant of my little idiosyncrasies than others? I guess I could spend forever pondering these quirks of life and not gain any more ground than a one-man-army with a stick. Oh well. I guess life isn't always clear-cut. Some things are probably better left for discovering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home